Bailey, Aaron N.
- Attorney at Law
Aaron Bailey offers clients over 22 years of extensive experience in business law, torts, fraud, contract disputes, creditors' rights advocacy, collections, judgment enforcement, and commercial litigation throughout North Carolina. Additionally, Aaron handles high conflict custody and child support disputes. Aaron also serves as a designated indigent parent defender, selected to represent parents defending their parental rights when threatened by the Onslow County Department of Social Services. Aaron strongly believes in assisting parents who are desperately seeking to maintain or enhance their involvement with their child.
Aaron has argued in over one hundred separate courthouses throughout NC, including federal and bankruptcy courts. Heis a North Carolina native and previously practiced in Raleigh and Fayetteville, NC. In April of 2021, Aaron returned to his hometown of Jacksonville, NC to join his friends at the law firm of Lanier Fountain Cerruzi and Sabbah.
Aaron served as the elected president of the North Carolina Creditors Rights Bar Association and currently serves as Commercial Chair on its board of directors He is one of only three attorneys licensed in North Carolina who is board certified as a Creditors' Rights Law specialist by the American Board of Certification. His familiarity with enforcement of contracts, litigation, collections, construction disputes, liens, insurance, commercial landlord representation and asset recovery strategies can yield creative, effective, and efficient solutions to complex recovery and dispute scenarios. Aaron also has substantial experience in risk management and litigation for professional engineering and construction clients, including those focused in the cellular telecommunications, remediation, construction, and housing industries. Aaron also has significant experience with subrogation, defense, and accident cases. He is also highly experienced in handling property tax assessment disputes before the North Carolina State Property Tax Commission-successfully trying many property tax matters before the full commission.
Aaron is a father of two wonderful children, and a wannabe personal chef. He enjoys touring by motorcycle, especially along twisty mountain roads.
- Civil Litigation
- Child Custody and Support
- Creditors Rights
- Construction Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Campbell University School of Law, Raleigh, North Carolina
- North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Major: Sociology - Criminal Justice
- North Carolina, 1999
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of North Carolina
Specialties and Certifications
- Creditors' Rights Law, American Board of Certification, 2012
Classes and Seminars
- Judgment Enforcement
- Creditors' Rights and Collections
Honors and Awards
- NC Creditors' Bar - President's Award for Outstanding Service and Dedication, 2015
- United States German Marshall Fund - Alumnus
- Honorary Legal Certificate - Republic of Udmurt - Russia
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Board of Certification - Creditors’ Rights Law Specialist
- NC Creditors Rights Bar Association, Director - Commercial Litigation
- NC Creditors Rights Bar Association, President, 2014 to 2015
- Onslow County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association