Ceruzzi, John Walter
John received his B.A. in Economics and History from Wake Forest University and his J.D. from Campbell University School of Law. He has been licensed to practice law in all North Carolina Courts since 1997, and has since been admitted to practice law in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina.
John is an experienced civil litigator and criminal defense attorney, having devoted the first twenty years of his practice to trying cases before judges and juries throughout multiple counties in eastern North Carolina, though primarily in his home county of Onslow. He is also a former President of the Onslow County Bar Association.
A former college soccer player at Wake Forest, John is still actively involved in his community through his participation as an academy soccer coach for the Onslow Classic Soccer Association.
John is married with three children and a grandchild on the way.
- North Carolina, 1997
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina, 1998
- Campbell University School of Law, Raleigh, North Carolina
- J.D. - 1997
- Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem
- B.A. - 1992
- Major: Economics and History
- Helms vs. Helms, 191 NC App 19, 2008, NC Ct Appeals
- Helms vs. Helms, 179 NC App 225, 2006, NC Ct Appeals
- The Bistro at Just Baked, Surf City, NC
- Blake's Painting, Inc.
- Corpsmen' s Memorial Foundation
Honors and Awards
- President of Onslow County Bar Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina State Bar Association, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member, 1997 to 2017
- Onslow County Bar Association, Member, 1997 to 2017
- National Italian American Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Law Office of Jeffrey S. Miller, Associate Attorney, 1997 to 2001
Pro Bono Activities
- Soccer Coach for Onslow Classic Soccer Association